Grey Swan Advisory Professional Corporation (“GSAPC”) is a trusted provider of advice to insurers, policy holders, brokers, lawyers and others involved in the insurance industry. GSAPC is committed to respecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
In your dealings with GSAPC we may collect personal information from you including:
- Your name, address and telephone numbers
- Email address, website address and fax numbers
- Information about your business
- Financial information
- Insurance history including claims, prior insurers and policy numbers
- Any other information required to advise you in respect of the issue you have retained us to respond to
We may use the personal information above to communicate with you, to advise you, to analyze and assess risks, to assess and monitor claims, and to perform additional services that you may request. Among other things, this includes creating, assessing and evaluating insurance policies and coverage responses to claims, monitoring claims, auditing claim programs, creating operational efficiencies in the provision of insurance services, providing business strategy advice and risk management services. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties such as but not limited to insurance companies, brokers, and lawyers. When GSAPC discloses data containing personal information to others, the disclosure is subject to confidentiality requirements. We will only collect, use, disclose or retain personal information as is necessary for our identified purpose or as required by law.
By providing your information to us, you have consented to these uses and disclosures. You may however withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal may limit the services we can provide for you.
Internet & Security
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information we collect online. GSAPC will protect your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity format, location and storage of the information. Electronically recorded information is stored on computer systems maintained by GSAPC and third parties retained by GSAPC. Those computer systems and the information stored in them are protected by electronic security systems.
We’ve structured our website so that, in general, you can visit us on the Web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information, we assure you it will only be used to support your client relationship with us.
Access to Information
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you, subject to the following (and any other reasonable or legal conditions which may be necessary), and, if the case may be, to request that the information be rectified if it is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous or collected in violation of the law. A request to that effect must be sent in writing to the GSAPC Privacy Officer. We will not provide access in any of the following circumstances:
- if doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party;
- if the information is subject to solicitor-client privilege;
- if revealing the information would reveal confidential commercial information;
- if revealing the information could affect the security of another person;
- if revealing the information could compromise the investigation of a claim;
- if the information relates to the actual or suspected breach of an insurance policy or other agreement or the breach of Canadian law; or,
- if the information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process.
Questions and Concerns
GSAPC’s compliance with appropriate personal information practices and privacy laws is overseen by and is the responsibility of our designated Privacy Officer, Murn Meyrick. Requests for further information, personal information access or complaints about GSAPC’s handling of personal information should be referred to GSAPC’s Privacy Officer, as follows:
Murn Meyrick: firstname.lastname@example.org 905-599-1244